2011年10月23日 星期日

Jayesslee Live in KL 2011

22nd Oct 2011, finally JS came to perform in KL!


It's been years since I first heard their cover of <Officially Missing You>. That time I was still in my 2nd year in UKM, saw this video circulating at youtube, and loved it once heard.

I did search for the original version from Tamia but JS cover was simply better. Maybe because personally I love to sing harmonizing, so I've been totally attracted by their harmonizing skill and clean vocal!

So today finally I have a chance to watch them live. I arrived 630pm at PWTC and the crowd already started to line up. Luckily we found another friend who came earlier and was lining up front, so we just followed him to queue and around 715pm+ the door is opened.

We grabbed our self the 1st row available for normal ticket, but it was at the corner side. The view was OK as it was closer to the stage compare with sitting at the back. We also get ourself a nice speaker just in front of us. At least it won't be a lousy position like my last visit to Jay Chou concert 2011 where there are no speaker around me and I can't listen anything clearly except echo...

The show starts with HitzFM DJ Jin as the host, followed by Witnesses Duo, where they played the instrumental version of A-Mei <聽海>. The uncle asked the audience to sing along, but sadly seems like most audience are english-ed, only few of us can sing the song LOL. After that, it was a performance by acoustic band Decimal. The performance was OK for me, the song <Candyman> was their best. Lastly, the best of the best opening performance is by Shawn Lee featuring Dennis Lau. The kid's beat-box was simply amazing. I was thinking for a second why not just throw away the drum set and let the kid play all the drum bear for the rest of the show?

Finally after all opening performance, it is showtime! Opening song was Jayesslee latest youtube song, <Price Tag>. After that if I'm not mistaken it was followed by my favourite MJ's song <Man In The Mirror>. The rest of the song flow I can't really remember, but basically most popular songs uploaded in Youtube was performed tonight including <Just The Way You Are>, <Nobody>, <Coming Home>, <Fireflies> , <Breakeven> and more.

Personally the highlight of the night was them telling the story of their mum fighting cancer, how they've gone through that period and the song her mum sang in the end. Although I'm ain't Christian, but I do believe in the faith people should have in God. Other than that, I really enjoyed them singing Kpop song <Lonely> by 2NE1. Among Janice and Sonia, I liked Sonia more. Maybe because she's so charming when playing guitar and her expression is CUTE~~! Both of them have some small accident in the show. Janice mic accidentally fell off and Sonia mic is causing a loud voice whenever she touch it lolz. Another interesting thing is the apple which we noticed on Janice chair all the while. Me and my friend was wondering why would there be an apple on her chair? In the end it was reveal by Janice that the apple was actually a shaker!!! That was so cool! Gonna get one for my New Tune juniors for their next NTLP performance hehehe~

The show ended early, the encore song was my favourite <Officially Missing You>. Listening it live had no difference with youtube version, they're still simply perfect vocally and flawless! Around 930pm the show officially ended.

Afterwards we're lucky enough to take a picture with DJ Jin, but it was in my friend's camera. On the way walking out, we saw a big group of people cheering so we walk outside and saw Janice and Sonia coming out and going towards their car. Again my friend was lucky enough to snap a picture of them walking to their car, while my flash wasn't working fine so I snap NOTHING T_T

Overall it was a great show. Me and my friend was still singing their song on our way to the car park. Hope they release their album and come to KL again for concert! Hopefully the next concert will have more songs than this one! :D

Enjoy some of the photos taken! I'm off to bed~!





























沒有留言:

張貼留言