2012年6月24日 星期日

Jayesslee Live in KL 2012

It's been awhile since I last blog here. But today I'm gonna write my second english blog for Jayesslee concert which just ended about 5 hours ago! (yes this was just 2nd english blog. Usually i write in chinese but my 1st english blog was also writing about them ^^)

This was Jayesslee 2nd concert in Malaysia. I had went for the 1st one in PWTC last year and really excited when I got to know they are coming for the 2nd time! Without hesitation I start sharing out the event to my friends but the reception was well, ended up only 1 couple joining me and I'm the big light bulb... But anyway what's important is still Jayesslee performance! Missed their angelic voice and harmonizing ability badly since their last concert.

Before going into detail, first we all must thank the organizer for allowing us to take photos/videos for the 1st 2 songs. Compared to last year where I can freely walk to the front and sit down on the floor JUST IN FRONT of them, this year the security was tight and more organized. It was more to concert level rather than last time which was just like a music showcase. Even the organizer only allowed us to take pictures and videos for 2 songs, I was still very happy because I brought along my DSLR camera!! Comparing to other people around me, I saw most of them were only using digital camera which was unable to capture any thing since we are sitting in the RM99 zone..... I don't believe they don't have DSLR but maybe they saw the message that DSLR was banned in the Facebook event page and decided not to bring it (one of my friend told me about this..)

Back to topic. The performance start at 730pm with 3 different opening performance. The 1st performer is 2 Astro competition winner (Not sure what competition is it). They sang "Rolling in the Deep" and it was a hit and starts to get the crowd moving. Great cover by both male and female vocalist and personally I love the rap from the guy. 2nd performance is done by 2 Malaysian voted from Facebook. In my opinion it was OK only compared to the other 2 team. Maybe the voice tone of both male and female vocalist doesn't really match IMO and there are frequent problem with the female vocalist harmonizing. The last performance was my favourite! The performer Leon Marcus Zachary performed his own original song "Superhero". The song itself have a very strong melody line with an attractive chorus. Not to forget about the vocalist having a great voice and the way he presents the song, Perfect! Found him on YouTube and I'm gonna share his songs here to you all who are interested.

There was also some small games in between where the emcee throw out some autographed posters. Around 8pm+ finally the much anticipated Jayesslee show up with an opening full band song "Jetlag" from Simple Plan. There was some issue with the sound system as Janice voice was missing in the middle, nevertheless it was still a good opening song ^^

A total of 13 song was performed on this concert (correct me if I'm wrong) and for me, the highlight was full band version "Dare You to Move". Honestly speaking it was way better than the original song sang by Switchfoot (even 1st time cover acoustic version was already great!). Other than that, I'm also surprised by the full band version "Amazing Grace". Many had sang or covered this song, but not many had done it with a full band with drums, electric guitar and bass and it turned out to be like a pop song you will hear on radios. The last song I loved the most for the show is "Safe & Sound". The song is smooth, the harmonizing is great, equally great with the original Taylor Swift version.

The best part of the show was actually AFTER the concert ended. I do not have the VVIP ticket (or I should say the money to buy a ticket ><), but many of us waited outside the hallway leading to the meet and greet session room. My friend was the one who 1st spotted there was only 1 way in and out the room and Jayesslee had not walked into the room yet. So we all started to wait behind the barricade and finally they showed up!!! (SCREAMMINGGGG!!) The pair walk pass and smiling all the way. They are very friendly and shook hand with some of the fans. I was busy taking pictures and forgot to shake hand with them T_T (DAMN REGRET NOW) But unfortunately most picture are blurred but luckily I still got 2 "Acceptable" quality picture for each of them! (Scroll to the end of post for the 2 candid ^^)

That's wraps up generally what happened and what I experienced for this concert. Seriously thinking why they cant release a live version album with all these live recorded song? It was already as good as CD quality! Hoping for their mini album to be released as soon as possible as Malaysia do not have ITunes shop for us to purchase song....

See you next time Jayesslee! :)


Oops, not the best expression but this was the best shot i got T_T
I nominate this for Best Smile of the year :D


2 則留言:

  1. Can I use your photos in my blog? please ><

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Hey feel free to use it, no problem for Jayesslee fans ^^

      刪除